One of my goals this year is to help two people begin their Buddhist practice and receive the Gohonzon. In this significant Women’s Month, I encountered a woman who had been chanting on her own for four years.She recently encountered a difficult financial situation. I felt so fortunate to meet her, and I made a determination to help her begin practicing in earnest so she could transform her situation.
I went with a district women’s leader last Sunday to help her set up her altar. She even shared Buddhism with her roommate and spoke of how happy she is to be receiving the Gohonzon this month at her district women's meeting. I am so touched!
Her roommate has started chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and said she has experienced a joy she hasn't felt for a long time. This is why we share Buddhism with others—so they can become fundamentally happy.
Thank you very much to the women for your example and strength! I will do my best to share this humanistic philosophy with even more people!
Name: Angel Choi
Region: Los Angeles/Voyagers
No comments:
Post a Comment